Sunday, June 22, 2014

Rainy Days



The last week has been a blur. Last Thursday we moved out of Onalaska and prepared to debut the show.  Unfortunately It rained  and  it and rained, and then rained some more. We spent most if the day dealing with the aftermath. Unfortunately the performance was rained out. 
So we packed up and left early. It was my first time to drive through the night in a long time. I was concerned but I knew it was only a three hour drive  and felt confident. It was a great first drive! We arrived with no mis-haps. Everyone was excited because it was the  first contest day and disappointed they didn't get the run through done. We packed in the rain and we somehow it all got on the truck. 

I'm getting a new appreciation for the Midwest. So pretty when it's not covered in 20 feet of snow. It is so green every where. I guess all the plant are so eager to grow after all the cold.  (Just a random thought. 

Ok, cool things you see at drum corps shows. 
 First, Souvie Booths-...support your favorite corps and BUY! Also most corps have a little gas can you can contribute to defray fuel costs, help as you can! 2nd -You see good friends, like Dawn here 
Can you tell we love the Blue Stars! Dawn was just inducted into the Blue Stars Hall of fame. What an amazing lady! I'll tell you about all of the inductees later. And the third cool thing is the Horn Doctor. 
That's pretty cool! 

I want tell you about the members of this years Blue Star. They just might be the most polite and Apreciative young people I've ever been around.  Any small task I assist with gets a very sincere thank you. Very rare these days. 

I'm trying to get exersize every day. Usually I walk around wherever the corps is rehearsing, so I get to listen and walk. I'm doing that one stone / two birds thing. 

We were a bit disappointed last night because we were rained out again. So we packed up in the rain, again, and made our nine hour trip from Michigan to Kentucky. Last night was one of our longest trips while I'm on your.  I was nervous, but sure it would go well. I have a new friend, Shirley the bus Driver. Last night we agreed that I would pray over her, and she would pray over me. It's great how God answers prayers. 

Time to go. It's show time FCO! 

TTFN
Robbie 

No comments:

Post a Comment