Friday, June 13, 2014

Tower of Power Interuptus

Third jet of the day. 
First McAllen, then DFW, O'Hare to La Crosse. It has been an adventure already.  First a flight delay in McAllen. Land at DFW, Lunch at Pappasito's for brunch.  I had Cheese enchiladas topped with two eggs, sunny side up! Oh my! It was amazing!!!! But never again!  Then onward to the next destination. 

On the flight to Chicago, I was using the time to work on the memorization of the music the Alumni are playing. We will performing this weekend. To help with this I have the songs downloaded on my phone, to follow along. 
Well, somehow, after an hour, no ADHD jokes allowed, I ended up listening to Tower of Power.  You see the group of guys I traveled with and lived with when marched would listen to TOP everywhere we went, I can't listen to the group without thinking about my friends, two in particular.  One is my buddy, Alton. Alton and I roomed together in the basement of a duplex the summer we marched. Somehow we are still the closest of friends.  (Most have been the mold).  
The other is my friend Perry.  I sure wish I could share this adventure with him, but that is another blog for another day.   And.... "That's all I've got to say about that" - F. G. 
     I guess what I'm realizing, (once again) that I'm blessed.  This summer I have an opportunity to meet and be blessed by the people who cross my path whether it's a lifetime, or five minutes. If we've never met introduce yourself, take selfies, and trade  some stories, You will probably find me around the box truck. 


Now the plane is taxiing out now.  What's left for today?
Hotel check in
Blue Stars Rehearsal 
Alumni Rehearsal
Socializing
Crash and burn
Miss you WonderWoman! 
TTFN - Tigger
Robbie 

No comments:

Post a Comment